Saturday, January 1, 2011

Crawlers!! They're EVERYWHERE!

It's January 1, 2011 and officially the start of a brand new year! What a great day! Even though I try to not make too many resolutions, I always feel so motivated to simplify and declutter my life. It's a little harder with two growing boys!

David and Keegan are 10 months old now and I can't believe how fast the time is going! They will be one on February 21st and it is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! This time last year I was as big as my house, visiting Women's Hospital frequently with pre-term labor, and praying the swelling in my feet would go down. What changes a year can bring! My days now consist of playing, feeding, changing, rocking, loving, and teaching my two babies as well as maintain the house and take care of my husband. I LOVE MY LIFE. Frustrating and stressful at times? Oh yeah. It'll be that way for the rest of my life, but I wouldn't trade one minute for a different life. Thank You Jesus.

Ok, update on the boys! I'll start with Keegan!  At their last appointments Keegan was 20 pounds, 8 ounces and over 25 inches tall. Since having the tubes in his ears, he has regained his middle hearing range and is now babbling at a normal volume and tone level. He still squeals and screams some, but we're happy to hear him try to form consonants and normal sounds! He just got his 5th tooth (2 on top and 3 on bottom) and likes to bite anything he can get in his mouth, including our fingers, shoulders, hair, etc. He is crawling on all fours and is into everything! Keegan will even stand up by himself but falls right back on his behind and then laughs hysterically! It is SO cute but an indicator to us that he may be walking here before too long. Aunt Lauren recently taught him how to roll off of the couch and he has NO FEAR. If you sit him on the couch, he will dive off. Fortunately, we have always been there to catch him, but oh boy! What a little daredevil. One of his favorite things to do is to open drawers and cabinets and pull everything out. It makes a mess for me, but I am so glad to see him exploring and entertaining himself. He is great about sitting in one place too and playing with the same toy for 30-45 minutes. We have recently discovered mold in the house so we believe this may be the reason for his respiratory problems. We're in the process of getting this cleaned out so we're excited and expecting a healthy Keegan soon!!

Ok, on to David. David is definitely my little explorer. Where Keegan is happy with a toy for awhile, David gets bored very easily. If I hand him a toy, he'll look at it then set it aside, knowing that it will still be there later when he's seen all there is to see. He keeps me busy and I ALWAYS have to have an eye on him. He loves stairs, gates, and anything else he can climb! David is still in his helmet at nighttime. We go back January 18th for a recheck and hopefully we will be done with it soon! His toes have healed completely and the scar from where they took the skin graft is healing up really well. At his last check up he was just over 18 pounds and 24 inches long. He is definitely smaller than Keegs but he can hold his own! David has recently started saying "mama" and he says it ALL THE TIME! I love it. It absolutely melts my heart. He can also give "kisses" and pulls up on everything. Davy has four teeth. 2 on top and 2 on bottom. His hair is really blonde and getting pretty long. It's doing what his daddy's did and is curling on the bottom which is SO adorable!

Right now they are both sound asleep in their room. I thank the Lord for 8PM when they go down, and I thank the Lord for 8 AM when they usually get up. We are SO excited for what God is going to do in this new year!

My friend Lou Anne took these pictures of the boys! Check out her website: www.ljoycephotography.com.

1 comment: